Induction Annealing systems have been used for many applications including Band annealing inserts, post weld annealing pipe joints, electrical connectors, bread knife ends, clock springs and seat belt springs. Inductelec's Induction Annealing systems utilise an in house range of state of the art power units featuring the latest solid state switching techniques and state of the art magnetic technologies.
Induction Annealing is a heat treatment in which a material is exposed to an elevated temperature for a period of time and then cooled. The aim of the process is to reduce the hardness of the metal and improve its ductility. Specifically annealing is the process of bringing the material to its softest point.
Three stages of Induction Annealing:
- Part is placed in work coil and heated to the correct temperature. Temperature is verified by an optical pyrometer
- Hold the material at the specified temperature for a given time. This can again be confirmed by the pyrometer. Inductelec’s system is closed loop with the generator being controlled by the pyrometer to ensure temperature stability
- Part to be cooled slowly back to ambient temperature
Benefits of Inductelec Induction Annealing systems:
- Heat is generated directly into the material
- Energy costs reduced
- Accurate, repeatable heat cycle
- Controllable heat affected zone
- Temperature accuracy
- Reduced surface oxidation
All our Induction Annealing equipment is made bespoke to customers requirements. This enables us to meet your specific requirements, be it a floor space issue or integration into an existing production line we will be able to find the right solution for your working methods.